Online roulette or roulette, in general, is one of the most popular casino games. For many years, players tried to find the ways and the best possible strategies that might propel them to some big winnings by playing this game. However, what they did not understand is that there is hardly any strategy that will work in 100 percent of the cases and that luck plays the most important role in this game. Throughout the years, different types of this casino games have been developed.
Play European Roulette Online Now:
However, all those games maintained the essence of the roulette game and what makes this game one of the most interesting games available for all types of gamblers. One of those types is the European roulette that is popular in European countries, especially in the United Kingdom. While the main essence of the game is preserved, some aspects of this game have been changed and accepted as the new version of the classic roulette game. According to many players, out of all types of the roulette, the European roulette provides them with the biggest chances of winning mostly because the house advantage in this game is around 2.63 percent.
The game of European roulette features a wheel with 37 divisions that include the numbers between 1 and 36. However, this version of the game also contains the 0 field. Just like in any other roulette game, the main objective in European roulette is for the player to guess correctly in which number pocket the ball will land. In order to find out that, players will have to place their bets after which the dealer will spin the wheel in on direction and spin the ball in the opposite direction.
This online casino game features relatively simple playing rules. The player is required to place his or her chips in the field that they want to bet on after which they will get the opportunity to press the ‘Spin’ button. After that bet is over, players will get the opportunity to place another bet with Rebet option or to leave the game with Clear Bets option.
In the land-based casinos, the game of European roulette usual features between 1 and 8 players and the game will start once the croupier calls ‘Place your bets’ aloud. At that moment, players will be required to place their bets and when once there are about two spins left for the ball to make, the croupier will call out ‘No more bets’. Once the ball lands in one of the 37 numbered fields, the croupier will identify and announce the winning number.
Types of Bets
While playing the game of European roulette, players will have the opportunity to place their bets on different sections. In this game, players can use the fact that there are two types of bets – inside and outside bets that they can bet on. While betting on the inside bets, players will have to bet on a single number, small group of numbers of the adjacent numbers. On the other hand, while betting on the outside bets, players will be placing their bets on the much larger group of numbers. In the following part, some bets from both categories will be presented.
Before players actually get to the moment when they will be placing their bets, they should be aware that the payouts and the odds regarding each and every bet are not present on the board. Because of that, they need to make sure that they check these aspects before they actually get to the table and place their bets.
As mentioned before, while betting on inside bets, players will have the opportunity to pick several different options that they believe might be the right outcome of the next spin. In the following part, some of the most popular inside bets will be presented.
- Straight-Up Bet – with this bet, players will be placing their bet on any single number including 0 as well and they will have to bet on a specific number. With this bet, the payout is around 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – with this bet, players will be betting on two adjacent numbers and the bet is placed on the line that separates the two numbers. Besides betting on regular numbers, players will also be betting on 0 and 1, 0 and 2, 0 and 3. With this bet, the payout is around 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – with this bet, players will be betting on all three numbers in a row and the bet is placed at the end of the desired row. The payout with this bet is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – in this bet, players will be betting on a group of four numbers and the bet is placed on a mark where these four numbers touch. The payout with this bet is 8 to 1.
- Line Bet – with this bet, players will be betting on six numbers or two rows of three numbers. The bet is placed at the end of those rows, on the line that separates those two rows. With this bet, the payout is 5 to 1.
Just like it was the case with the inside bets, there are different types of outside bets that players can use while playing European roulette online or in land-based casinos. Those types of outside bets will be presented in the following part.
- Column Bet – in this case, players will be betting on an entire column and the bet is placed in the ‘2-1’ box that is located at the end of the column. With this bet, the payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet – this bet means that players will be betting on a group of 12 numbers and the bet is placed either on the ‘1st 12’ field, ‘2nd 12’ field, or the ‘3rd 12’ field. In this case, the payout is 2 to 1.
- Bet on Color – this is very simple bet as players will be betting on all red or on all black numbers on the board. This bet is placed on Red or Black field while the payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Odd/Even – with this bet, players will be betting on all even or on all odd numbers on the board. The bets are placed on the Even or Odd field on the board and the payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Low/High – with this bet, players will be betting on all low numbers (1 to 18) or on high numbers (19 to 36). The payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
It is also important to mention that in the case when players bet an even money on an outside bet and it turns out that the winning number is 0, players will be able to use the ‘en prison’ rule where players will receive 50 percent of their bet or the entire amount of their bet will be imprisoned. If the imprisoned bet becomes a winning bet in the next wheel spin, the bet will be released and it will be returned to the players.