The French roulette is a version of the roulette game that originated from this country according to many experts. However, the French roulette version of the game was introduced after the French Revolution and it presented players with some amazing possibilities for winning big payouts. Because of that, French roulette is one of the most popular online and land-based casino games in the entire world.
Play French Roulette Online Now:
The most popular place where this game is played in Monte Carlo which is one of the biggest gambling centers in the entire world. Because of that, a huge number of players has been exposed to this version of the game. Played throughout the entire world, French roulette has displayed huge levels of entertainment just like all other types of roulette game which became very important for almost all players.
The French roulette features a quite unique table layout that is different than table layouts of other versions of this game. Besides that and what is even more important for the players, the house advantage in the game of French roulette isthe lowest of all versions of the game and it is 1.35 percent. Just like it is the case with European roulette, the French roulette uses the standard wheel that features 37 divisions for numbers between 1 and 36. This version of the game also features the 0 but it does not feature double 0 as the American roulette.
The numbers in this game are alternatively colored with red and black color while the single zero is colored with green color. Besides that, one of the biggest differences between this type of roulette and the American roulette is the fact that the numbers on the wheels are distributed differently than in the American roulette. It is also important to mention that the position of outside betting fields is a lot different in the French version of the game than in the American version.
In the American version, the betting fields are usually placed on the left side of the table layout. However, in the case of French roulette, the outside betting fields are split in two and they are located on each side of the table layout. For some players, this is a much easier representation of the outside betting fields while some other still prefer the American version of the outside betting fields. Each outside bet in the French version of the game will have the moniker written in French while in some cases the moniker will be translated into English and it will be placed below the French name.
In this game, just like in all other types of roulette, the main objective of the game is to predict the number or the field where the roulette ball will land at the end of the spin. Before that, players are required to place their bets after which the dealer will spin the wheel in one direction while he or she will spin the ball in the opposite direction. Players also need to keep in mind that they are able to place or to change their bets while the wheel is spinning all the way until the dealer has called out ‘No more bets’.
Types of Bets
While playing the French version of the classic roulette game, players will have the opportunity to take advantage of two types of bets. Those bets are inside and outside bets. The difference between these two types of bets is the fact that with inside bets, players are betting on individual bets while with outside bets, players are betting on group bets. In the following part, some of the most important information about each type of the bets will be presented.
The French roulette features the same bets as some other types of this game. Because of that, players who had the opportunity to play European roulette, for example, will not have any problems with understanding all the types of the bets in this game. However, understanding these bets is very easy as they are very straightforward. The inside bets include:
- Straight-Up Bet – with this bet, players will be placing their bet on any single number including 0 as well and the bet is placed directly on the number. The payout for this bet is 35 to 1.
- Split Bet – while using this bet, players will be betting on two adjacent numbers and the bet is placed on the line that separates the two numbers. Besides betting on regular numbers adjacent to each other, players will also be betting on 0 and 1, 0 and 2, 0 and 3. With this bet, the payout is around 17 to 1.
- Street Bet – with this bet, players will be betting on all three numbers in a row and the bet is placed at the end of the desired row including 0, 1, 2 and 0, 2, 3. The payout for this bet is 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet – in this bet, players will be betting on a group of four numbers and the bet is placed on a mark where these four numbers touch. Players also have the opportunity to place this bet on the corner of 0, 1, 2, and 3. The payout with this bet is 8 to 1.
- Line Bet – while using this, players will be betting on six numbers or two rows of three numbers. The bet is placed at the end of those rows, on the line that separates those two rows. With this bet, the payout is 5 to 1.
There are also several types of outside bets that players will have the opportunity to use while playing French version of the game. Those bets include:
- Column Bet – this bet means that players will be betting on an entire column and the bet is placed in the ‘2-1’ box that is located at the end of the column. With this bet, the payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet – this bet means that players will be betting on a group of 12 numbers. In this game, the boxes of numbers are located in two areas and they are marked with 12P (1-12), 12M (13-24), and 12D (25-36). In this case, the payout is 2 to 1.
- Bet on Color – just like in European roulette while using this bet, players will be betting on all red or on all black numbers on the board. This bet is placed on Red or Black field while the payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Odd/Even – with this bet, players will be betting on all even or on all odd numbers on the board. The bets are placed on the Even (Paire) or Odd (Impaire) field on the board and the payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Low/High – with this bet, players will be betting on all low numbers or ‘Manque’ box (1 to 18) or on high numbers or ‘Passe’ box (19 to 36). The payout for this bet is 1 to 1.
In the case when a player bets with an even-money outside bet and it turns out that the winning number is 0, players will have the option of using two rules. The first rule is the ‘en prison’ rule that enables players to get back half of their bet or to imprison their bet for next spin. If it happens that the imprisoned bet is the winning bet in the next spin, players’ bets will be released. The second rule is the ‘la partage’ rule. This rule enables the even-money bet to be immediately divided by two where 50 percent will be returned to the player while the other 50 percent goes to the house. With the second rule, players will not have the option of leaving their bet for another spin.